Lighten Up and Laugh A Little: Tax Day Jokes
Who says accountants are boring?! You might be one of those people who assume that since we work with the IRS, money, and forms, we’re automatically dry, dreary people. BUT, we beg to differ! Tax Day is around the corner, and while it is not typically a day designated for humor, there is always room for a little levity. Especially when you or your fellow accountant like our Brightwork advisors are working around the clock to meet the IRS deadline.
Tax day is the one day your federal, state and local taxes are due. You may not immediately go to accounting humor when trying to find a laugh during the busy time of the season. However, after reading our list, you won’t make that mistake twice. Enjoy a few laughs and lift your spirits while you’re working with numbers – trust us, you’ll want to read on.
Everyone’s Got Jokes
Tax season can lend itself to be a little stressful due to the timing. Kudos to the pros that crunch the numbers, complete the forms and submit them to the IRS so we don’t have to worry about it. Unwind and get rid of your tension by laughing – thanks to us. Here are some of our favorites that might be a little more fun than the staring at those tax forms:
- “The IRS suggests filing early to reduce the chance that someone will steal your identity and file before you. Honestly, if somebody wants my identity so badly they’ll file my tax return for me, go crazy. You can mow my lawn while you’re at it, too.” – Jimmy Kimmel
- “Tax Day is the day that ordinary Americans send their money to Washington, D.C., and wealthy Americans send their money to the Cayman Islands.” – Jimmy Kimmel
- Welcome to the accounting department, where everybody counts.
- How do you know you have a great CPA? He has a tax loophole named after him.
- What do you call an accountant with an opinion? An auditor.
- Be audit you can be.
- Children may be deductible, but they are still taxing. – Unknown
- Accountant after reading a nursery rhyme to his child, “No, son. It wouldn’t be tax
Deductible when Little Bo Peep lost her sheep. But I like your thinking.” – Unknown
- “There’s nothing wrong with the younger generation that becoming taxpayers won’t cure.” – Dan Bennett
- “I love America, but I can’t spend the whole year here. I can’t afford the taxes.” – Mick Jagger
- “Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Capital punishment: The income tax.” – Jeff Hayes
- How can you tell you’ve found a good tax accountant? He has a loophole named after him.
- THEY COME ON APRIL 15TH DEAR
(To the tune It Came Upon a Midnight Clear)
They come on April 15th, dear,
To take away our gold.
Taxmen unmoved by plea or tear,
It makes your blood run cold.
Oh, income tax! You break our backs,
The government takes all.
A thief by any other name
Would never have such gall.
- “There is no such thing as a good tax.”- Winston Churchill
Laugh A Little
Comedians don’t have to be the only group of people who enjoy jokes around Tax Day. Humor, while fleeting, can lighten the mood! Even though it is crunch time, have a little fun at your own expense or share some of these jokes with your CPA as you write that check to Uncle Sam.
Haven’t Done Your Taxes Yet?
Oh, the dreaded Tax Day. Like it or not, it happens every year, and sometimes it just creeps up on us and we, well, forget to submit our taxes. If this scenario sounds like your current situation then it is not a laughing matter. While people do celebrate Tax Day as an end to tax season, you may still need some help filing your taxes and get this task off your to-do list. Let our team at Brightwork help you make this happen so you can celebrate having another years’ worth of taxes over and done with.
Either way, if you’ve already submitted your taxes or are burning the midnight oil – Happy Tax Day to you! We hope these jokes helped lighten the mood and that you at least cracked a smile.